Happy Sunday Ladies,
I've been pushing and promoting "Did you think I'd Crumble" really hard, from sneak peeks to the synopsis and today I wanted to do some thing a bit different.
My love of music inspired me a lot during the writing process. It really inspires me PERIOD. I love music of all kinds, I do no discriminate. I listen to music when I clean, when I cook, when I shower, when I write, all day music is playing. Most of the time I'm listening to S.O.S Band station, 90's R&B, and sometimes I throw in a little bounce music. It gets my juices flowing.
In the book each chapter has a song that sorta inspires the chapter, or it was something I was listening to at the time. You remember back in the day when we used to write letters and put the song you were feeling in the top corner, its kind of like that. Today I wanted to share that playlist with you, so while you are cooking Sunday dinner, getting ready for work or just simply lounging around, check these tracks out.
1.Chantay Savage: "I will Survive" this song truly set the tone for the book, hence the title. I love this song so much and it was one song I played a lot during my divorce and thereafter.
2. SOS Band : "Tell me if you still care" this song is one of my favorites from one of my favorite groups.
3. Mary Jane Girls: "All night long" listen I love risky women and these women were risky.
4. Rich Homie Quan: "Cash Money"
5. Anita Baker: "Good Love" ever wanted to know what good love felt like?
6.Sza "Weekend" no explanation needed.
7. Lil Boosie "The Rain" ever seen the sunshine but still felt like the rain was following you?
8. Young Scooter "Work"
9. Kevin Gates: "24 Hours"
10. Bryson Tiller "Run me Dry" I absolutely love him
11. Whitney Houston: "Count on Me" thank god for your friends.
12. Rihanna: "Wild Thoughts"
13. Johnny Kemp: "Just got Paid"
14. Nelly: "Shake ya Tail feather"
15. Trina: "Fuck Boy" again no explanation
16. Betty Wright : "After the Pain" will forever be a classic break up song
17. Mike Jagger: "Old Habits Die Hard" good music is good music OK!
18. TK Kravitz: "Space"
19. Chris Brown: "Party"
20. Sza: "Doves in the Wind" if you can make it past your traditional views, , you can appreciate her message
21.Maxwell: "Get ta know ya"
22. RITZ: "K.I.S.A" my husband put me on to Ritz and I've not been disappointed yet
23. Young Jeezy: "Everythang" Probably every hoods anthem!
24. Rihanna: "What Now"
25.Tamar: "My Man"
26. Chaka Khan: "Through the Wire"
Well, I hope you all enjoy the playlist and the book once released. I hope you like it so much you give it 5 STARS!!